Friday, January 15, 2016

A standard "Pus Pus"

A better looking "Tuc Tuc"

Our youth got the opportunity to visit the Logos Hope for dinner, games, and a chance to learn more about the young people of a ship with the same idea and principle as their own.  We had a blast.

The youth, leaders, and Logos gang playing frizbee alongside our friend 'The Indian Ocean' before some pizza and smores!  I'm really bad at frizbee, but the youth are amazing.  They pick up for my slack.

I love every one of these guys.  The girls are pretty cool too.

My Liberian co-worker/friend Al (left on the floor) and I visiting Toto's family.  Toto is a part of the Day Crew working in the Galley, and he invited us to hang out for a day.  In the picture is his wonderful wife and her father (in the yellow).  Toto is kneeling next to Al.

Toto's home is part of the structure on the left.  This is the road leading up to it.

A Globe in the Logos's Crew Library

       Happy New Years everybody!  (Fun Fact: New Years is celebrated and cherished even more than Christmas to the Malagasy people).  The top photos were snapped offhand and are the two main ways of transportation in the cities and villages of Madagascar.  Scooters are used as well; but they don't even compare to the vast number of Tuc Tuc's in Tamatave, let alone the number of the Pus Pus.  At the cost of 500 to 1,000 Ary Ary (15 - 30 cents USD) for a ride across town, it's a bit cheaper than the taxi's back home.
       The Logos Hope and the Africa Mercy have become instant friends.  Not only have I been given the opportunity to meet some more amazing people, but our youth have too!  The two ministry ships collaborated to host some fun "get-to-know-you" activities for the youth, and it's been a great time for everyone.  
       The setting of the picture with Toto's family is indeed his home; two small rooms made with wood and sheet metal.  I've had the privilage to see three other Malagasy homes besides this one, and so far, this covered the most cubic feet of them all.  That amazes me.  Toto and his family are incredibly kind and wonderful people, and it is was an honor to be invited to get to know them even more.  
       During a few hours visit to the Logos Hope, I stumbled upon a globe of the world.  As I looked at it's many borders and colors and found the spot where I am right now, a feeling of immense wonder took hold of me.  The thought of God moving me across the entire globe, a whole 12 inches away from home, to be a part of a ministry serving countries in Africa takes my breath away.  This Earth has so much in it: Religion, Culture, Natural Beauty, Adventure...  and an 18 year old who never even thought of much outside his hemisphere is able to experience a small part of it!  I can not give enough thanks.  I can not give enough praise.  I can not give enough.  I have been given so much; I can not give enough back to God, to my parents, to the Malagasy people, to everyone who prayed for me and supported me financially through this journey.  I have been given so much.  That is what truly amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment