Tuesday, September 8, 2015

From right to left, pictures of "Mama Claire" before and after her surgery on the ship.  This faces the stairs, and is what the patients see as they go from deck 5 to their sought after surgeries on deck 3.

Today, September 8th, has finally come.  After a week of preparation in port of Madagascar, the first patients of the field service came aboard to have their surgeries done by surgeons from all around the world.  Personally, I have three friends (from Holland, the USA, and another from the UK) who either performed or aided in the General Surgeries done today, working in 2 different operating rooms with 5 patients between them (I believe there are 5 operating rooms onboard).  I have friends who are dentists, friends from Peru, India, and Scotland, who began their work a few days ago.  And I have many, many other friends from many other countries who work as Cooks, Dining Staff, Engineers, Receptionists, Housekeepers, and other jobs necessary to keep this ship of mercy afloat.  God has blessed me so much; giving me this opportunity to serve with people from so many diverse stories of the world.  And God has blessed those in need in Madagascar; in giving all of these different people a chance to work together, saving lives in His name.  Through this I know that God is, most definitely, good.

1 comment:

  1. Spoke about your work and the work of the Africa Mercy in my message Sunday. Love what you all do! Want to join you!

    ReplyDelete