Tuesday, September 22, 2015

 Port side
 Bow of the ship
 Starboard side
 Galley and my team of cooks and Malagasy dayworkers.
My and my roomate's room

The top three photos are panoramas I took of the views from the port (left), bow (front), and starboard (right) sides of the ship.  The port side faces a gorgeous beach that some of the crew plays frisbee on every friday evening, and further beyond the beach is the rest of Tamatave; the port city where we are located.  Next is a picture of us cooks finishing up a day in the Galley, where I spend most of my time on the ship.  If you look closely, you can see Carmen running to check the Malagasy stew that needs stirring.  She's my team leader, and she's the greatest.  Lastly, I took a panorama-of-sorts of my bedroom, which I share with my roomate Leon.  He's an awesome guy who lives in South Korea and loves his wife very much, and I'll be sure to put his picture up soon.  The room is smaller than it looks, but a great roomate and comfy bed sheets give me no choice but to sleep well and wake up happy.

These pictures represent a big part of my surroundings on the Africa Mercy.  I've grown to love them, and to love the people who come with them.  I wouldn't trade anything for my time here in Madagascar this year.  The growth and love that I've experienced have been absolutely substantial in the river of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment